MOViN 92.5’s “Phrase That Pays” Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: The MOViN 92.5’s “Phrase That Pays” Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to listeners who are 18 years or older and residents of Washington state. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Contest, you cannot have won any prize from MOViN 92.5 within thirty (30) days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Contest; or a prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $500.00 or more from MOViN 92.5 within 180 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Contest. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. This waiting period of 30 or 180 days does NOT apply to movie premiere events; winning movie premiere event tickets does not count toward any prize waiting period. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Void outside of Washington, and where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Employees of Hubbard Radio Seattle, LLC and its station MOViN 92.5, 3650 131st Avenue S.E., Suite #550, Bellevue, WA 98006 (the “Sponsor”), and Hubbard Radio, LLC, (collectively, the “Released Parties”), any radio, television or other media companies located in the Seattle area, or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Contest and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins on June 24, 2019, at 7:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on July 19, 2019, in the 5:00:00 PM PT hour (the “Contest Period”) with the exception of Thursday, July 4, 2019 and Friday, July 5, 2019 (a national holiday). The contest will resume on Monday, July 8, 2019.
- How to Play: This is a listen and win Contest. To play the Contest, listeners need to listen for the MOViN 92.5’s Phrase That Pays sounder (“Sounder”), which will be played weekdays during the hours of 7 a.m., 8 a.m., 12 p.m. (noon) and 5 p.m. during the Contest Period. Each hour the Sounder is played will be hereinafter referred to as a “Play Period.” When a listener hears the Sounder and is the twenty-fifth (25th) caller who reaches the Station by calling 866-668-4692, and correctly recites the MOViN 92.5’s Phrase That Pays in its entirety, he/she will be deemed a winner for that Play Period. The MOViN 92.5’s Phrase That Pays is: “MOViN Ninety-two Point Five is Seattle’s Number One Hit Music Station” (please note: saying “92 5” instead of “92 point 5” will be deemed INCORRECT. You MUST say “92 point 5” to be correct). If, however, the 25th caller does not correctly answer the MOViN 92.5’s Phrase that Pays in its entirely, he/she will not be a winner.
Odds of winning depend on the number of listeners calling after a Sounder is played. Limit one (1) winner per person/household.
Note that webcasts of Station’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect participation in this Contest. Sponsor will not accept collect calls. Sponsor is not responsible for telephone line unavailability, busy signals on the Contest line, operator interference, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the phone call, telephone system malfunctions, or any other telephone problems which may or may not result from this Contest.
Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- Prize Information: Each Play Period will have a base jackpot of $250.00 available to be won. Each time a caller correctly recites the MOViN 92.5’s Phrase that Pays, that caller will win the jackpot, and the jackpot for the next Play Period will go back to $250.00. If the caller for any Play Period answers the MOViN 92.5’s Phrase that Pays incorrectly and is not a winner, there will be no winner for that Play Period, and that Play Period’s jackpot will roll into and be added to the next Play Period’s jackpot (by way of example, if the 8 a.m. caller is incorrect, the 12 pm (noon) jackpot will be $500.00) for that weekday. This process will continue until a caller for any day’s Play Period correctly recites the MOViN 92.5’s Phrase that Pays, or the 5:00 pm caller answers incorrectly, whichever occurs first. The most that can be won in any Play Period is $1,000.00. If the 5 p.m. caller fails to correctly recite the MOViN 92.5’s Phrase that Pays, there will be no winner for that hour and the amount in the jackpot for the next weekday will go back down to $250.00.
The prizes will be awarded only if the potential winners fully comply with these Official Rules. The prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. Each winner is responsible for any other costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded. Each winner is solely responsible for local, state and federal taxes on the prize, if any. Winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each winner will be required to complete and submit a W9 tax form prior to receiving the prize, and Station will issue a 1099 to the proper taxing authorities.
- Claiming the Prize: Upon winner verification, as a condition of being named an official winner, a potential winner may be required to claim his/her prize in person at the MOViN 92.5 Studios at 3650 131st Avenue SE, Suite #550, Bellevue, WA, 98006 during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Monday – Friday) within ten (10) business days of being notified he/she is a winner. This is to verify that the prize is being given to the qualified winner. Or, in lieu of claiming a prize in person at the Studio, Sponsor may mail the prize to the verified winner, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the prize is mailed, allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. Failure to comply with any deadline set forth in these official rules shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize. If required by Sponsor, a winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to Sponsor (g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. Any unclaimed prize remains the property of Sponsor.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Contest and acceptance or use or misuse of prize ; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes, of his/her likeness, voice (including a recording of the winner’s telephone call to the station) and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation. By calling in to participate in this Contest, each participant consents to his or her voice and telephone conversation being recorded and/or broadcast.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process of the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Washington, USA; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, USA, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Washington, USA, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington, USA.
- Contest Winners/Official Rules: For a copy of these official rules, or the names of the Contest winners, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope by August 9, 2019 to: Winners List MOViN 92.5 FM’s “Phrase that Pays” Contest, 3650 131st Avenue S.E. Suite #550, Bellevue, WA 98006.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Seattle, LLC and its station MOViN 92.5, 3650 131st Avenue S.E., Suite #550, Bellevue, WA 98006.