MOViN 92.5 – “Spring Break Madness 2019” Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: The MOViN 92.5 Spring Break Madness Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to listeners 21 years or older and residents of the state of Washington. In order to be eligible to win a prize in any Station Sweepstakes or sweepstakes, you and/or members of your household cannot have won any prize from MOViN 92.5 of any value within thirty (30) days prior to the awarding of a prize to you, or a prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $500.00 or more from MOViN 92.5 within 180 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in a contest or sweepstakes. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Prizes valued $20.00 or less (i.e., movie premiere passes and single DVD prizes) do not count towards this restriction. Void outside of Washington, and where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees of Hubbard Radio Seattle, LLC and its station MOViN 92.5, 3650 131st Avenue SE, Suite #550, Bellevue, WA 98006 (the “Sponsor”), or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes (collectively with Sponsor, the “Released Parties”), any radio, television or other media companies located in the Seattle area, and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes Periods: The Sweepstakes begins on March 4, 2019 at or about 7:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on March 29, 2019 at or about 5:00 PM PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Play to Qualify: To play, listen to MOViN 92.5 weekdays (M-F) beginning on March 4, 2019 and ending on March 29, 2019 at 7:00 AM PT, 8:00 AM PT, 12:00 PM PT and 5:00 PM PT (collectively, the “Listening Hours”). Then, during the Listening Hours, listen for the on air personalitie’s cue to call, be the 25th eligible caller to call in and reach the station by calling 866-668-4692 to be deemed a qualifier, subject to eligibility verification, receive a Qualifier Prize and be included in the Grand Prize random drawing (a “Qualifier”). Limit one (1) Qualifier per person during the entire Sweepstakes Period. There will be up to a total of eighty (80) Qualifiers for the entire Sweepstakes Period. Odds of being named a Qualifier depend on the number of eligible callers calling into the station during that Listening Hour.
Note that webcasts of Station’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor will not accept collect calls. Sponsor is not responsible for telephone line unavailability, busy signals on the Sweepstakes line, operator interference, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the phone call, telephone system malfunctions, or any other telephone problems which may or may not result from this Sweepstakes.
- Grand Prize Random Drawing: Then, on or about April 1, 2019 after 12:00 PM PT, Sponsor will select one (1) Grand Prize winner from among all eligible Qualifiers, via a random drawing. The potential Grand Prize winner will each be notified by phone or email on the day of the applicable random drawing. Sponsor will make up to two (2) attempts to reach the potential Grand Prize winner. In the event Sponsor is not able to reach the potential Grand Prize winner after two (2) attempts, that potential Grand Prize winner will forfeit his/her right to the Grand Prize, and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining Qualifiers, time permitting. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:80.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV’s”) –
- One (1) Grand Prize – A trip for two (2) to at a Sponsor-specified resort valued at up to $1,500.00 to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. ARV: $1,500.00. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must both be 21 years of age or older in order to travel and the Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must travel on the same itinerary. The Grand Prize winner must work with Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent to book all travel, and will be issued an up to $1,500.00 credit for the Trip. In the event any Grand Prize winner elects not to take a guest, no credit will be given for the difference in actual value versus the stated ARV above. If a winner and/or his/her guest misses the initial flight as scheduled to Cabo San Lucas, the winner will forfeit the prize. If a winner and/or his/her guest is not present for the designated return flight, he/she is solely responsible for his/her return to Seattle. The trip is subject to all applicable hotel and airline policies, practices and procedures. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the Prize. Prize is not transferable. No cash or other substitution allowed by winners, but Sponsor may substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason. All local, state, and federal taxes on the Prize are Winner’s sole responsibility. All other expenses not mentioned herein, including without limitation, food/beverages, hotel amenities, fees and gratuities, are the responsibility of the winner and traveling companion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is unavailable for any reason. All taxes, fees, and surcharges on the prize and all meals, gratuities, spending money, and all other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Reservations are required. Travel must be complete by December 31, 2019 or will be forfeited. Travel and is subject to availability and is not allowed over holidays, blackout dates or convention periods. Confirmation will be given on a space available basis only. Once a reservation is made, no changes are permitted. Prizes are not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions, except as provided herein. Sponsor may substitute the Grand Prize, or portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value for any reason at its sole discretion. Winners and guests are responsible for providing all necessary travel documentation, including passports. IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING NEW PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL: As of January 23, 2007 all international travelers must present a government issued passport for U.S. Customs re-entry after air, land or sea travel. For more information please visit the State Department’s consular website www.travel.state.gov or the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s website dhs.gov. It is the traveler’s responsibility to provide proper documentation. Married or divorced women traveling under names other than what is printed on their travel documents, must supply a marriage license and/or divorce decree. Travel arrangements are subject to availability.
- Eighty (80) Qualifier Prizes – $250.00. ARV: $250.00 each. The Qualifier Prize will be mailed to each Qualifier upon confirming they are eligible to be a Qualifier. Allow 4-6 weeks for mailing of the Qualifier Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, delayed, damaged, or mutilated mailing of the Qualifier Prize. Limit one (1) Qualifier Prize per person.
The winners must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting their Prize. Grand Prize winners will be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize. Grand Prize winner will also be required to complete and submit a W9, so Sponsor may submit a 1099 form to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing a Prize Release, each winner accepts the Prize, and even if the winner does not use the Prize, he/she will be responsible for the applicable taxes. Sponsor may substitute any prize, or portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value for any or no reason at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Claiming the Grand Prize: The Grand Prize winners must complete the required paperwork within ten (10) business days of the day he/she wins to verify that he/she is a qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim the grand prize. Each winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to Sponsor (g., state drivers’ license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of Sponsor. Prizes will not be issued to winners unless a social security number and valid Washington State driver’s license is presented. Once the necessary paperwork is completed, the Grand Prize winner’s flight itinerary and confirmation numbers will be emailed to the winner.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation. By calling in to participate in this Contest, each participant consents to his or her voice and telephone conversation being recorded and/or broadcast.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Washington; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Washington, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
- Official Rules/Winner’s List: For a copy of these Official Rules, see the Website until April 29, 2019. For the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by April 5, 2019 to: MOViN 92.5 Spring Break Madness Sweepstakes Winners, 3650 131st Avenue SE, Suite #550, Bellevue, WA 98006.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Seattle, LLC and its station MOViN 92.5, 3650 131st Avenue SE, Suite #550, Bellevue, WA, 98006.